What are LDPE bags?
Low Density Polyethylene bags or LDPE bags are often considered as a better replacement to ordinary plastic bags, which are thick and non-biodegradable. Ordinary plastic bags are a hazard to the environment as they cannot be easily disposed of. This is where Low Density Polyethylene bags become important as they have a high degree of transparency and flexibility. In comparison to the ordinary plastic bags, the LDPE bags are better suited to store perishable items like food products and medicines. These bags keep food products fresh and increase the shelf life of pharmaceuticals like tablets, bottled medicines etc. LDPE bags also offer protection against bad odour, mold, mildew and various other spoilage organisms.
Low Density Polyethylene bags are designed in such a manner that they are unaffected by moisture, dust, air and other impurities present in the outside environment. The bags are also odourless and toxin-resistant, thus making them a better choice over ordinary plastic bags. LDPE bags are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes and can also be custom-made depending on the specific requirement of the customers.
Why LDPE Bags are Better than Plastic Bags?
Nowadays, the general trend is of people preferring Low Density Polyethylene Bags rather than plastic bags. What are the reasons behind this change? Read on to know more…
The major advantage of ordinary plastic bags is that they are “ordinary”. They are very cheap and easily available. In spite of all these plus points, more and more customers are opting for LDPE bags. This is because of the following reasons:
1) The Low Density Polyethylene bags are thick gauged in comparison to the regular plastic bags and this work out well when heavy and a number of objects are to be carried. The ordinary plastic bags cannot carry this much weight and is one of their biggest disadvantages.
2) The second advantage of switching to LDPE bags from ordinary plastic bags is that they are highly recyclable and reusable. Most of the plastic bags available in the market are for only one-time use. That, however, is not the case with LDPE bags. These bags can be reused multiple times and come in handy as kitchen catchers. Low Density Polyethylene bags are known to have a reuse rate of around 40-60%.
3) People also choose Low Density Polyethylene bags over ordinary plastic ones as they do not biodegrade. This does not apply for bags with additives. As they are not biodegradable, these types of bags are highly useful for landfills.
4) Another major benefit of opting for LDPE bags is that it shows great resistance to high temperature. So even if the outside atmosphere is not conducive, products kept inside these bags will not be affected as it is highly adjustable to the surrounding environment.
5) The LDPE bags are also preferred for their leak-proof texture and their resistance to punctures. Ordinary plastic bags always buckle under excess weight.